The AtomForm (WPF & Silverlight) is primarily an intelligent canvas which supports all the features of the UI Atoms Family of Controls. Professional forms can be designed since this control provides automatic layout placement of the labels which are displayed in the left column of the form. The form also has label, title, description, etc. which can be customized for each input field. The form is completely customizable and the ItemContainerStyle can be used to redesign the layout as needed. It supports various validation methods.
Features of AtomForm (WPF & Silverlight)
Easy customization, Professional Business Form Layout
Change Management is very easy
Advanced Validation Support (WCF, Web Services, Sharepoint and Custom Validation)
Rules and Resources based Validation
Model Independent UI Validation (like Matching Passwords, Accept terms, Combo Box/List Box Selection Validation)
You can click on “Error Message” on Errors panel to locate the control containing error.
Introducing Powerful Form / Flexible Grid Layout, simple comma separated cell numbers to quickly modify the layout.
The attached properties of AtomForm are:
- Label: customizes the label to be displayed on the left column of the form.
- IsRequired: The parameter IsRequired sets the field as required. It is used by the validation framework. It also displays the red asterisk.
- Description: customizes the text displayed below the text input field to provide a description of the field.
- Title: customizes the title text displayed on the top of the data entry field.
- IsRowShared: allows a control to share a row with its siblings. For example, if the First Name and Last Name fields need to be displayed in one row, the parameter, IsRowShared, needs to be set to true for both the controls.
- StartNewRow: Setting the StartNewRow parameter to true along with IsRowShared as true, helps in splitting multiple controls into different rows. For example, if the username and password need to be displayed together in the second row, both sharing one row, the username field should have StartNewRow as well as IsRowShared set as true, and the password should only have IsRowShared set as true.
- ValidationProperty: This specifies the property of data control to be used for validation.
- ValidationGroup: A group identifier to segregate validations.
- ValidationRule: is an instance of type derived from AtomValidationRule containing the validation logic. It is used by the Validation Framework to validate the “ValidationProperty” of data control.
- MissingValueMessage: is the error message displayed when a required field is empty.
- InvalidValueMessage: is the error message displayed when the value input entered in a field isn’t as per the validation rules.
AtomForm also supports validation in Code Behind, you can check out Silverlight Sample code. UI Atoms is written in such a way that you can write one set of code in XAML and C#/VB.NET which works exactly similar on WPF and Silverlight
The properties of AtomForm are:
- LabelWidth: Setting the “LabelWidth” specifies the width of the label column.
- HorizontalGap: Setting the “HorizontalGap” specifies the gap between horizontally separated data controls.
- VerticalGap: Setting the “VerticalGap” specifies the gap between vertically separated data controls.
Various complexities of forms can be built using the AtomForm as demonstrated.
The Complexities could include nested forms, tabbed views, Combo Boxes, List Boxes, Radio Buttons, and many more.
List Forms can also be created with multiple items like images, etc. The forms could be populated by a data-base as well.
The AtomButton is a control that provides the facility to verify an action using a pop-up alert. It validates the form before executing the ClickEvent or any associated command.
ValidationRootElement – defines which form to validate.
VerificationMessage – customizes the message that appears in the pop-up alert message box.
VerificationTitle – customizes the title of the pop-up alert message box.
Verify – this property, if set as true, invokes the pop-up alert display.
These buttons have their icons properly aligned, and positioned.